Are you having trouble mowing your lawn at home? Especially as a woman, you will need to have certain features on your lawn mower. Because not every lawn mower is easy to use or requires less strength.
So, if you are in search of the best lawn mower for women, then we are here for you. We will take you through some great options for a lawn mower.
Before we share some of the products, let’s take a look at some factors first. You should consider these factors when you are buying a lawnmower.
What to Consider When Buying a Lawn Mower For Women
The factors we considered here are based on conveniences for women. Things that can make using a lawn mower easy for women. Let’s get going.
Size of the mower
What size you go for your lawnmower can have a huge impact on the usage of it. Because a mower that is too large would naturally be hard to control. The maneuverability aspect of a big mower is pretty difficult to master. That’s why you would want to have a compact mower that you can move around easily.
Aside from that factor, a compact mower can save up space in your garage as well. So, considering everything, a compact size mower is the best way to go.
Easy to start
The ease of starting a mower is crucial for any beginner out there. Because if you don’t have experience, then dealing with mower starting can be troublesome. So, you have to go for the ones that are easy to start. Now, what do I mean by easy to start?
It means choosing an electric mower. Because on most electric mowers, you will get a start switch. So, just pushing a button is enough to start up the mower. However, some may prefer the pull cord starting mechanism. But for a woman, that can be a bit of a hassle.
Electric or gas powered
We will be very clear with my answer here. For women out there, electric lawn mowers have to be the best option to go with. The reasons are simple.
Electric-powered lawn mowers are very easy to start. They require less maintenance. The working process doesn’t require too much knowledge. You can use an electric lawn mower through some easy instructions. Another aspect of electric mowers is eco-friendliness. They have no harmful emissions from nature at all.
On the other hand, gas-powered ones require a lot of maintenance. They need fuel to operate. Also, you will have to replace the spark plug from time to time. The pull cord starting mechanism on most gas-powered mowers can be troublesome. And no matter how fuel-efficient a gas-powered mower is, they still have some impact on nature.
However, if you have a very large lawn, then there is no alternative to gas-powered mowers to work best for the larger lawns.
Corded vs. Cordless
In electric lawn mowers, you get to see two variants. There are some with cords, and some are cordless. They both have their upsides and downsides.
Usually, a cordless mower runs on a battery. This makes the cordless mower a little bit heavy. When you add a whole bag of grass on top of that, it becomes very hard to push around.
On the other hand, corded electric mowers can be lightweight. But you have to keep them within the distance of the extension cord. So, there are those restrictions you can’t get around.
However, a great solution can be self-propelling mowers. This means get a mower that operates forward on its own without you having to do anything. They can save up your time and effort. And for these obvious reasons they are much pricier than other options.
A very crucial consideration to make on lawn mowers for women. Without the adjustable handles, you will have so much trouble using the mower. Sometimes it can be too high or too low when the handles are fixed. In such cases working with them can cause strain in your hands. That’s why having adjustable handles on your lawn mower is very important.
Look into these things when you are choosing amongst multiple buying options. They can help you determine your personal best choice. And to help you out in this journey, we will take you through some top choices we found through extensive research. You can start from there.
7 Best Lawn Mowers For Women To Use
There are many types of mowers in the market. But Here are the top 7 choices for lawn mowers-
1. The great States 815-18 18-Inch 5-Blade | Best Reel Lawn Mower For Women
- Quick, adjustable cutting height of 0. 5"-2. 75" for a clean, even cut every time with this Great States 18 Inch 5-blade manual push reel lawn mower
- Great States 5-blade manual push reel lawn mower features 18" cutting width, 5-blade ball bearing reel, and 10" composite wheels
- Blades on this manual hand push reel rotary lawn mower are made of quality, heat-treated alloy steel for staying sharp longer
- Loop-style handle with cushioned grip and lightweight design for comfort when using this manual 5-blade push rotary reel lawn mower; Easy, tool-less assembly
- Clean and quiet way to maintain your lawn; Great States manual hand push rotary reel lawn mower with no motor and gassless power requires no gasoline or oil
- Power source type: self-propelled
Do you have any issues walking around your lawn with a mower? If you don’t, then this is just the perfect thing for you. There are plenty of reasons I am saying this.
First of all, the mower comes at a very reasonable price. The price already makes it worth a shot, and you can take a chance with this one. Other than that, the performance you get from this is highly satisfying.
Things we liked
- This mower is very easy to assemble. You don’t have to be an expert or go through a lot of effort to start mowing your lawn with this.
- The reel mower is compact. So, it’s lightweight and easy to move around. Also, this saves up a lot of space in your garage.
- Adjustable handles on this mower make it comfortable to work with. Also, there is a cushion grip on the mower that adds up to the comfort.
- In this mower, you don’t have to worry about disturbing noises. This one comes in clean and noiseless.
- As for the blade quality, this uses 5-blades with an 18-inch cutting width. They are very tough at work and will last for a decent period.
- The best thing about this one is, it doesn’t require much maintenance. And also, the price is so reasonable that it’s simply the first choice to consider.
Things we didn’t like
- Using this mower can be time-consuming because you have to mow multiple times over the same area to clear it completely. It’s a hassle for larger lawns.
- The mowers can choke on twigs, walnut shells, and other items. So, you have to be aware of that.
- This one can have issues cutting tall grasses.
2. American Lawn Mower Company 1415-16 16-Inch 5-Blade | Best Reel Mower For Women
- 5-Blade reel with a cutting width of 16” and durable 10” polymer wheels for maximum maneuverability
- Mechanical lawn mower with an adjustable blade height of 1”-2.5” with scissor action cut
- Manual grass cutter blades made of heat-treated alloy steel that stays sharp for years
- Environment-friendly alternative to gas-powered lawn mowers which is pollution-free and noise-free; Low maintenance, lightweight and easy to use
- Capable of cutting grass up to 4 inches tall
- 16" cutting width - 1/2 to 2-1/4 inches Cutting heights
- Tempered alloy steel reel and bed knife blade with unbreakable steel side plate
- 10" durable composite wheels with radial tread tire
- Lightweight - Easy to push and maneuver
- 4 spider with 5 blade ball bearing reel
We have got another reel mower for you here. If you are ready to walk but still confused about a reel mower, this can remove your confusion.
The mower does what it’s supposed to do. Reel mowers are a far better choice than gas mowers for the lawn of your home. As they aren’t usually big, you can easily mow your lawn with a reel mower. And there are so many features that make it worth buying.
Things we liked
- You don’t have to worry one bit about assembling this mower. It doesn’t take too much time or effort to get this thing going.
- Because of the lightweight of this mower, you can move it around quite easily. The maneuverability on this is very impressive.
- It’s a very compact lawn mower. So, you don’t have to have a lot of space in your garage to store this one.
- The mower is built with high-quality materials. Durability and long-lasting performance are a guarantee on this one.
- For this price, you can’t possibly ask for anything better. It comes with all the things a woman needs from a lawn mower.
- It’s an eco-friendly lawn mower with a noise-free system. So, it’s not annoying for you or the neighbors or nature.
Things we didn’t like
- Adjusting the height on this one is a bit hard. It causes some inconveniences at times.
- There is no self-sharpening on this mower. So, you have to keep track of when the blades go dull.
- Cutting tall grass is problematic on this one. Also, to properly clean your lawn, you have to run over multiple times with this one.
3. Greenworks 12 Amp 20-Inch 3-in-1 | Easiest Lawn Mower for Women
- Durable 20-inch steel deck
- Powerful 12 Amp Motor
- 3-In-1 (Mulching, Side Discharge, and Rear Bag)
- 7-position single lever height adjustment
- Push button start. Drive system: Manual
- Foldable handles for compact storage
- 10-inch rear / 7-inch front wheels
- 4-year tool warranty protects your investment
- Extension cord not included
You will never suffer from low power for your lawnmower. It comes with extreme power and heavy-duty performance.
Overall, the features of this one prove to be great for women. Even an older woman in the late ’60s won’t find this one troublesome due to the ease and convenience. All of the things you get on this one make it a worthy choice to consider.
Things we liked
- Unlike many other corded electric mowers, this is fairly simple to assemble. You don’t have to struggle a lot to start mowing with this one.
- The mower is easy to start with the push of a button. This makes it convenient for the woman—especially older women who like to mow their lawns.
- You get a lot of height adjustment settings on this walk-behind mower. So, no matter what height you are, you can adjust it according to your needs.
- It’s a lightweight mower. This makes it easy to push around and work.
- A cool feature of this one is a noiseless smooth operation. When you mow with this, your experience will be seamless mowing without any noise.
- The quality is commendable for the price. It’s completely a value-for-money product due to the build quality itself.
Things we didn’t like
- It’s hard to mow lawns with high-moisture wide-blade grass. You can’t do it in mulching mode as it clogs up quickly.
- While using this mower, you have to care about not running it over the cords.
- It’s not great for larger lawns as the cords limit the working capacity.
4. Sun Joe MJ401E 14-Inch 12 Amp | Easiest Lawn Mower for Elderly
- POWERFUL: 13-amp motor cuts a 14-inch wide path
- Adjustable deck: tailor cutting Height with 3-position Height control
- STEEL BLADES: Durable 14-Inch steel blade cuts with precision
- Accessories: includes 10. 6-Gal bag
Don’t get deceived when you look at this one. At first glance, this might seem like a toy, but when it comes to performance, it’s worth it.
This might even be the perfect pick for all the women out there because of the lightweight nature and easy maneuverability. And when you combine it with powerful performance, this is a thing you need.
Things we liked
- This mower is very light and easy to control. You can move it around your lawn quite easily. The turns won’t feel rigid and hard to maintain.
- The size of the mower is pretty compact. It won’t take up much space in your garage. You can even fit this in your standard house doors.
- The performance quality of this one mower is the most satisfying part. The mower can rapidly chew on grass and clear the lawns.
- The ease of assembly is quite good on this mower. Almost anyone can get this thing started.
- Eco-friendliness is a great part of this electric mower. Also, it doesn’t make much noise while you are mowing with this.
- The deck is adjustable. You can adjust the cutting heights to three different settings.
Things we didn’t like
- It’s not the best mower to get for larger lawns. The narrow width of the blades makes it a time-consuming process.
- You can’t use this one for grasses over 6 inches. Also not so good at wet grass.
- The mower bag you get with this is not very good.
5. Honda HRX217K5VKA 187cc Gas 21 in. | Best Self-propelled Lawn Mower For a Women
“A fantastic mower.” Yes, that’s what it is. It’s a complete self-propelled mower that can cut through 12 inches of thick grass with ease.
Women who can move around 40-50 kgs without any hassle will get used to this one the most. It’s a bit heavy, but that mostly comes from the performance it gives you. So, if you think you can move it, then we can say you will love it.
Things we liked
- You don’t have to keep up with the speed of this mower. The mower will keep up with your speed. Whether you are walking or running, it will match up with you.
- It gives one of the best mulching performances you can find. Even 12 inches of thick grass will be child’s play when you use this one.
- The handle and throttle are very comfortable to hold on to. They are also placed in good positions.
- You can fold the handles for easy storage.
- The bag you get with this is big enough to fit a ton of grass inside. You don’t have to clear the bag after every run.
- This mower comes with a 5-year warranty. So, you can be assured of the quality when you are buying this one. At least you won’t have to worry about this going bad.
Things we didn’t like
- The mower is quite heavy, so it’s not suitable for everyone.
- The pull cord has some issues. It’s very far from the handles or wherever you will be standing.
6. Craftsman M215 159cc | Best Lawn Mower For Single Mom
- POWERFUL 159CC OHV GAS ENGINE: Powerful gas engine comes equipped with recoil and auto choke. No more fussing with a primer or choke - just pull to start!
- 3-IN-1 CAPABILITIES: Unit has side discharge, rear discharge, and mulching capabilities.
- FRONT WHEEL DRIVE: Tip-up, turn, and maneuver around level terrain with ease.
- SELF PROPELLED AND VARIABLE SPEED: Move around your yard with less effort and the propulsion speed of your choice.
- DUAL-LEVER ADJUSTABLE CUTTING HEIGHT: Choose from 6 different height settings to suit user’s needs.
- 11-INCH REAR TIRES: Zag tread tires on unit measure 8 inches in the front and 11 inches on the rear to tackle uneven terrain.
Don’t want to put too much effort into mowing? Then this can be your best bet. It has got a self-propelling feature, so you don’t have to work too hard.
You can even control the speed if you want. It has a powerful engine running on gas. So, no matter how big your lawn is, you can leave the mowing to this beast. It can cut up to 21 inches of grass without any worries.
Things we liked
- The powerful gas engine is enough to mow down any home lawn. You won’t even have to worry about grasses over 2 feet when you have this.
- The two different wheels on the mower make it easy to move into different terrains.
- Ease of assembly and usage is a surprising factor on this one. Usually, you don’t get to see gas-powered mowers with such easy usage.
- The self-propelling feature of this gas mower is what makes it a worthy choice.
- Even with the pull cord start, this mower is very easy to start. It doesn’t require too much effort to start this up.
Things we didn’t like
- This mower is pretty loud whenever you use it for some time.
- The engine cover adjacent to the pull cord is very weak. It breaks easily.
7. BLACK+DECKER 3-in-1 Lawn Mower | Best Lightweight Lawn Mower For elderly
- 3 tools in 1, easily converts from push mower to trimmer to edger.
- The 6.5 amp motor of this electric mower provides maximum performance when trimming through the toughest weeds, grass and overgrowth.
- AUTOMATIC FEED SPOOL (AFS) of this push lawn mower ensures continue work without bumping and having to stop to adjust the spool.
- Just rotate to convert from trimmer to edger with easy conversion wheeled edging.
- Gear Drive Transmission prevents bogging down in heavy grass and weeds.
- Lightweight ergonomic design with adjustable height and handle positions gives maximum comfort and control.
This is the dream lawn mower if you don’t have a very big lawn. The mower is compact, lightweight, electric, cordless, less storage space and the list goes on.
What makes this one great is the 3 in 1 feature. You can use this one for mowing as well as trimming. To convert the modes, all you do is press the pedal on the mower; that’s it. And the price you pay is completely worth it.
Things we liked
- This is a compact and lightweight lawn mower with great controllability. You can even control this one with one hand.
- The transformation of the trimmer to mower is very handy for clearing out walkways.
- It doesn’t come with any cord, making this one very convenient to use and move around.
- It packs up enough power to mow down grasses without any worries.
- Because of the size of this mower, you won’t have trouble storing it. It’s like a vacuum cleaner in terms of size. So, you can even store this inside your house.
- It doesn’t bump while trimming. You don’t have to face those annoying automatic start and stop on this one.
Things we didn’t like
- This mower is not meant for big areas. As the size is small, it’s extremely inefficient to use on a large lawn.
- There are no clear instructions for several features on this one. Hence you have to figure some things out yourself.
Best lawn mower brands for women
There are some brands that you can check out that make good lawn mowers for women. This essentially means lawn mowers that are compact and lightweight. Here are some of the brands-
- Greenworks: Greenworks is a well-known brand for providing housekeeping tools. They have been in this line of business since 2007 and providing quality mowers since then.
- American Lawn Mower: This is a company that has a heritage of making lawn mowers. They have been in business since 1895, so quality is a must when you get their products.
- Sun Joe: The promise of keeping the outdoors clean began in 2004 at Sun Joe or Snow Joe. They are the same company that makes quality maintenance tools at an affordable price.
- Black and Decker: Initial journey of Black and Decker began in 1910 when two friends decided to open up a machine shop. From making power tools for aircraft to making lawn mowers, they retained their top-notch quality to date.
- Craftsman: For any kind of handy tool, the craftsman has become a popular choice. They have been making their line of tools since 1927, where they specialize in garden equipment.
- Honda: Well, there is not much to say about this brand as they are known all over the globe. Honda has been in the business since 1953, but the journey of their lawn mowers began in 1979 with the utmost quality.
- Tacklife: Tacklife is another well-known company who make tools to ease the life of people. The company was founded in 2015, so they are fairly new, but due to the quality, they have gained popularity.
- Remington: Remington started their journey in 1921 with drills and saws. Over the years, they have gained popularity in making several other power tools, including quality lawn mowers.
These are all well-known brands in the line of lawn mowers. Choosing any one of them means you end up with quality. But which one you choose depends on the particular product and your needs.
Here are some common questions people have regarding lawn mowers-
Q1: How long should a lawn mower last?
A: With proper maintenance, care, and usage, a lawn mower lasts about 6 to 10 years. However, that depends on the brand you are using and the quality too. A lawn mower from a renowned brand can last 10 years with ease. But without proper maintenance, the lifetime of a lawn mower gets cut in half.
Q2: Is fixing a lawnmower worth it?
A: If there are issues with the mechanical parts of the mower, then it’s not worth it. Because fixing a lawnmower with mechanical damage can cost a lot. You should only go for fixing a lawn mower if the warranty is still intact. However, if there are small issues like broken cables or pull cords, you can opt for repair. They don’t cost that much.
Q3: What is the easiest lawn mower to use?
A: In terms of raw use and effort, self-propelling lawn mowers are the easiest to use. As you don’t have to put too much strength into pushing the mower. This thing makes it very easy to use the lawn mower.
Then another option has to be electric lawn mowers with cords. Because of the lightweight and compactness, you can move them around very easily.
Q4: How do I choose a lawn mower?
A: To choose the type of lawnmower, you have to begin with your lawn size. Depending on that you have to choose the type of lawn mower. While electric-powered lawn mowers seem a clear and superior choice, they aren’t the best for larger lawns. On the other hand, gas-powered lawn mowers are the most suitable for large areas.
So, choosing a lawn mower will always come down to the size of your lawn. Based on that, you can go through the cord or cordless mowers, reel mowers, self-propelling mowers, or gas-powered mowers. After that, you can compare choices based on compactness, weight, features, quality, brands, and so on.
Q5: What is a good cheap lawn mower?
A: Usually, the corded and reel mowers come at a cheap price. Among them, Greenworks is a good choice that you can try out for electric corded mowers. Because of the low price and quality performance, they are the best bets.
And if you are into reel mowers, then American Lawn mowers also come at a cheap price. Other than that, Sun Joe is a quality company that comes up with affordable lawn mowers all the time.
To sum things up, buying the best lawn mower for women will always come down to two things. Their size should be compact, and they should be lightweight.
Keeping those two things into consideration, our top pick from the list has to be Greenworks 12 Amp 20-Inch Lawn Mower. Because the quality of this lawn mower is exceptionally good, it is very lightweight and compact. This adds up to the mower being more maneuverable and easier to move around. For a mid to small-sized lawn, this is the perfect thing a woman can get.
However, if you have a bigger lawn, then you should go for Honda HRX217K5VKA. This one comes with extreme power that can help mow down bigger lawns. And if you have a very small lawn, then BLACK+DECKER 3-in-1 Lawn Mower is the perfect thing for you. It’s compact, lightweight, and comes with a lot of handy features for smaller lawn sizes.
Here is a comparison for your ease, buy the one that suits your needs-
|Greenworks 12 Amp 20-Inch Lawn Mower||Best for mid-sized lawns||> Compact|
> Great quality
|Honda HRX217K5VKA||Best for larger lawns||> Powerful|
|BLACK+DECKER 3-in-1 Lawn Mower||Best for smaller lawns and walkways||> Small in size|
Has handy features